Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Bajin Oni Concept


 There is more to the setting than just the Zhu Empire. A major part of the early stories will also be the Baji Isles, a japan based setting within the larger world.  I couldn't do Japanese inspired fantasy without Oni so they were something I spent some time making.  I'll save the details for when they get a race post along other Bajin races, but here are the ideas behind them.

The base idea came from sort of the modern view of them, large orge like creatures who love to drink normally have red skin and horns.  Kept that for both male and females, but took the anime route and made sure they look humanish in the face. I went with the more humanized ideas of them and gave them distinct cultures and societies with customs beyond base urges. I based their cultures loosely on the old pop culture view of Native Americans, with a little mongol thrown in.  Making them quasi nomadic tribes with their own specific customs based on the area they are found in.  Known to be aggressive towards outsiders but can be reasoned with and have established trade relationships with certain settlements. They are the most physically dominant race in Baji in my setting and you will often see them in physical roles in any appearance in my games normally solo against groups of humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment