Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Empress Concept

This particular image was drawn by Henry, you should all give him your money http://mahenbu.deviantart.com/

While she wasn't the first character made for the universe, her creation is the one that sparked the project in it's current form and pushed me back into world-building and is generally what most people are familiar with. The idea for her started in a role play, one taking place in the marvel universe actually.  I had made a martial arts based character and wanted a canon to tie her into, eventually leading me to Tiger's Beautiful Daughter, a newer character who really wasn't explored much at the time.  When it came to time to write on and use her, I had to make up  most things given the limited info eventually it began to drift so far away I just decided to make a whole new character.  I keep part of the name, Making it Li Ling Qiao (the marvel character is Li Hua)

From there I began the basis of what became the current project on the Zhu setting, giving it a name and beginning to map out the sort of society that would create her.  Both it and her went through several early drafts but I settled on the design you see above for her, her story and personality being based on my take on the moral grayness of a traditional military leader and the disconnect that it causes between her home country and those around it.  There is a lot of focus on her in various projects, mostly going forward she'll be referred to as The Empress though sometimes it'll be by her name or Zhu Princess in some stories. My next entry will likely be some in universe background on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment